The down side to these muffins is that they required quite a few ingredients that I normally don't have so they were a little pricey.
The upside...they make a TON. You make this recipe, store it in an ice cream bucket and keep it in your fridge for up to 6 weeks. Then every time you want a healthy and filling snack or breakfast just make as many of as little of them as strikes your fancy.
Refrigerated Bran Muffins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups Kelloggs Bran Buds or Fiber One cereal (the bran cereal that looks like little worms)
- 2 cups sugar (I used 1 1/4 cups honey)
- 1 cup oil (or 1 cup applesauce)
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups flour (I used 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white flour)
- 5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups wheat/bran flakes
- 2 cups chopped, dry dates
- 1 cup pecans