We took a regular Guess Who? game, took all of the pictures out and then added our own to make it a Family or Grandkid Edition. I used pictures with people wearing Halloween costumes, glasses, hats, and wigs to make the game a little more interesting....so that the questions like "does your person have glasses on?" and "is your person wearing a costume?" can still be asked. If there are not enough people in your family to have one person per square (24 squares)...no worries; I just used baby pictures as well as current pictures of the same person and just labeled them "Baby Stacey" and "Stacey". I also added pictures of our family dogs, past and present.
Here's how to make your own unique and personalized Guess Who? game:
- gather 24 different pictures, some with a distinguishable accessory like glasses, jewelery, and hats.
- Label who the picture is on the bottom
- Edit the pictures so that they fit inside of the picture slots of the game (1 1/8" wide by 1 3/8" tall)
- Print out 2 sets of the 24 pictures to put in the 2 game boards (one for each player)
- Make one set of the 24 pictures into the bigger cards that each player draws in the beginning of the game (1 5/8" wide by 1 7/8" tall)
- Take out all of the original Guess Who? pictures and put in your personalized ones.
- Have fun playing!
- Here are some links for the templates that we made. They are just the right size to fit into the picture slots. Just add your own pictures and names and print on heavy cardstock. (Just be careful not to change to size of the boxes when you add your own pictures):