Pomegranate Almond Salad
- 3 heads of Romain lettuce, chopped
- 1 large can of mandarin oranges, drained and patted dry to get most of the liquid off
- 1/2 cup thin sliced celery
- 3-4 green onions chopped ( I leave these out)
- 1 cup candied almonds - put 3 Tbsp sugar and almonds in pan. Cook on high, constantly stirring. The sugar will liquify, coat the almonds, and the almonds will get toasty. Spread on wax paper and let dry.
- 2 pomegranates - an easy way to get the fruit out is to cut the pomegranate in half and soak in water...it loosens the membranes so that the fruit pops right out.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper